Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rabbit Ramble 2014

Location: Catskill, NY (High 58, Low 33)

I’ve mentioned a few times that Harry and I have been running since early January, training for a few races that we have signed up for this summer. Yesterday was the first one – the 4 mile Rabbit Ramble race in Guilderland, NY.

IMG_2131

We got up early yesterday morning to have a cup of coffee and take in some sustenance before heading over to my sister’s to meet up around 8 am. We had our picture taken before hitting the road.

 

IMG_2134

 

It was a beautiful day, although a little cool and breezy. I took a few pictures as my sister drove us on all the back roads following the directions of the gps.

 

 

IMG_2139

We got there a little over an hour before the race was scheduled to begin, so we were able to walk right up to the table and get our packets. We had good timing too because it didn’t take long for a pretty long line to form.

IMG_2136

 

We took the obligatory pre-race photos…

Harry and Denise…

 

 

IMG_2138

 

 

Denise and me…

 

 

 

IMG_2142

I was really pleased with my run in this first race of the season. I was able to run the whole thing without having to walk once.

I took this selfie somewhere in mile #3 – while I was running! Open-mouthed smile

 

IMG_2143

 

 

Denise and I finished the 4 miles in 49:47. Harry finished in 39:07. A good first run for the season!

 

 

Next up…a 10k in Kingston, NY one week from today!

4 comments:

  1. I think that's fabulous! I used to run, but all I ever did was a 5k :-) I was in good shape then too..Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, sounds like a great way to spend a beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the run. 10 minute miles for Harry. That's pretty decent. I had to give it up when hips couldn't take it anymore. However, I live in the High Rockies and there are lots of opportunities to hike. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Nice weather to boot!

    Keep that momentum up!

    Les

    ReplyDelete