Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Frozen

Location: Catskill, NY (High 26; Low 2)

Well, two days ago it was cold and yesterday was colder, We were fine all day with temps underneath staying around 40 degrees. But this morning it is even more frigid outside; according to our thermometer, it is -2 degrees right now. And we, not surprisingly I guess, have a frozen line somewhere. We are thinking the line from the tank to the water pump. Fun, fun, fun.

Other than that, there is not much going on around here. Harry went to work yesterday, and I stayed around here, doing research online, and otherwise hanging out. I was going to go to the store, but I just didn’t feel like getting all bundled up as there wasn’t anything that urgent I needed to pick up.

At the moment we are sitting around watching the thermometer…and hoping that things are just frozen and nothing worse. We have a bit of a warm up coming, thank goodness, so once we get through today we may have seen the last of the real cold stuff before we head out. With things frozen up, Harry has taken the day off, so he has six days of work left. And I sure hope the weather cooperates so we can get out of here on time. Eleven days left!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hm, not sure I'd like that title. Never mind, it'll warm up, or you'll get somewhere warmer. The days will pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my..hang in there, soon you'll be outta there! I know Harry is very excited to see retirement in his sight too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you put a little heater in your basement near the line to the water pump and the pump itself? We've done that in the past just as a preventive measure. Hope things thaw out with no mishaps. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry it is so cold for you guys. Hopefully today is warmer and you can get things thawed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn't thought of this: George put a small space heater (thermostat controlled) in the basement when it got cold. It would cycle on and off, and just put enough extra heat there to keep things flowing.
    Before you know it, you'll be in warmer temps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The excitement builds as the count-down goes lower! I am almost holding my breath! It's like the birth of a baby, almost :) Hope the temps come more into line for you. I'd be freezing up there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be fine as long as the campground bath house didn't freeze up... But going completely without water gets hard to deal with... You didn't mention the RV Park facilities... But within a week or so it will all be over.....

    ReplyDelete