Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ticking Down

Location: Catskill, NY (High 39, Low 10)

Our winter stay up here in NY is almost at an end. We have only a few days left. So far the long range forecast is looking pretty good. I went ahead yesterday and set up our first stay…at Twin Grove Campground in Pine Grove, PA. Our trip to PA will be about four and a half hours, so not too bad. Check-in time begins at 3 pm, so that will give us a lot of prep time in the morning. We will probably aim to leave around 10:30.

Today marks four weeks that we have been at the campground. We had a few mechanical issues while we were here, but other than that, we feel like we have settled in very easily. The only thing missing is being able to get out and walk or get some other sort of exercise. We are hoping to be able to rectify that situation once we get somewhere warmer.

I did a load of laundry yesterday, and for me, I think that was one of the best additions we made. I love being able to throw in a small load and not have to think about finding a laundromat and carting all our stuff there. I have had great luck so far with not having wrinkly clothes (except for one load) – and I think I have learned the trick – keep it small and get it out right away.

Harry is on his way to work – he has 22.5 hours left!! We hit that road outta here in FIVE days!! Open-mouthed smile

6 comments:

  1. sure can tell you are 'excited' to get the wheels moving!..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the rise in temperature and the advancement of the days, the anticipation must be palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't pay too much attention to check in times. It isn't like a motel where they have to clean the room. The only issue is if the site is still full. I would want to allow plenty of time to be settled in before dark. You don't want to tow your RV in unfamiliar territory in the dark. I would also worry about slippery roads. Please be careful. Anyway, congratulations on going full time. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ya just love doing laundry in your own home :) While we're here for awhile, I have been doing sheets in the park laundry. They do come out better. I keep watching your countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i have been reading your blog for a while now, andmuch to my delite when you said you will be at pine grove koa we live a few miles from there and wanted to let you know if you need anything let me know. go on the rv dreams chat and we can talk more. im lovely redhead on there. hope to chat soon

    ReplyDelete