Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Third Fifty Hour Week

Location: Campbellsville, KY (High 68, Low 45)

So far it’s been a good month for the bank account! We are in the middle of our third fifty hour week. (We feel like it’s the end of the week because our “weekend” is on Wednesday and Thursday, but really we have two more days left in the pay period.)

The schedule came out for next week (Black Friday and the week after), and Outbound will be working some eleven hour days. They added the extra hour in two half hour sections before and after our normal shift. Campers are not required to do anything more than ten hour shifts up to fifty hours, but Harry and I plan to do the 55s. In fact, if we feel up to it, we are hoping to do 55s for the three weeks after Black Friday. Our money making opportunities are coming to an end in just a little over a month, and we are trying to make the most of it while we can.

We are still walking many many miles at work each day. In fact, this was one of my biggest weeks, with totals of 16.5, 19, 15.5, 16.5 and 19.5 miles. That’s 87 miles in five days!! I have to say, my feet were ready for a break by the end of shift last night. I’ve been running throughout the past months on my days off but I have decided to take a rest day today.

12268665_10208535687176439_750041396_o

All this walking while keeping up my calorie counting has been good for my waistline! I was super excited yesterday morning to see that I have hit FIFTY pounds lost since I first started working to lose weight over three years ago. (That was on October 1st 2012.) I have 11 pounds left to go to reach my goal weight and am still hoping to get at least within five pounds of that before we leave here at the end of December.

Twenty five work days left to go!

3 comments:

  1. I really am amazed at how you can work all those hours and walk all those miles. Thank goodness the bank account is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! Impressive results and persistence. Keep it up, you are doing great and it shows. What kind of shoes are you wearing with all that walking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear Brooks Ghosts, which are my running shoes. I've actually been wearing two old pairs all season because I didn't want to kill my new shoes. But I'm going to have to start wearing my new ones for the last few weeks because my feet were telling me this week that the old ones are dead.

      Delete