Here it is, the last day of August. Harry and I have had a busy summer, and we’ve really made some good progress towards purging “stuff” and fixing up this house in preparation for selling it in about three years.
Since May, these are some of the things that we have accomplished
- selling the pop-up trailer
- selling the truck
- selling our snow blower (although I don’t know that this really counts since we bought a new one – we were still on our 8 year timetable at that point. If we’d been thinking then about getting out of Dodge in 2014, I don’t know if we would have.)
- selling our canoe
- brought an upright freezer and basketball hoop to my sister’s house
- replaced the kitchen floor
- completed the upstairs guest bedroom floor and hallway closet floor
- painted the upstairs guest bedroom
Before and after in the upstairs guest room….
- built shelving in the garage
- got rid of 5-6 bags of clothing by donation
- got rid of an armchair and hassock through freecycle
- threw out 12-15 bags of garbage and shredded paper
- and had our first yard sale, where we sold, among other things, 2 air conditioners
This mess in the garage is all gone now – our pellets are there.
Whew! Not bad for one summer’s work. It makes me feel better to look at that list and see how much we have accomplished, because sometimes it seems like we have an awful lot to do in a pretty short period of time. Let’s see how much more we can do before the s#@w falls. (I couldn’t bring myself to say it! )