Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Love Planning!

Location: Catskill, NY (High 71, Low 49)

We are just about a week away from our first six month anniversary of living fulltime in our trailer, and we are lovin’ life! Even now, when we are parked here about 40 minutes from where our house was, we still have such a sense of contentment about our life in our home on wheels. It’s great.

And one of my all-time favorite things about this life is still the fact that I get to surf the web looking for cool places to park our home for a period of time. I was working on that very project this morning. We knew that we wanted to head toward the southwest this winter, and originally had planned to go to Arizona. But more recently, we changed our mind about that and decided to check out the gulf coast this winter instead.

Our planning is still in preliminary stages, but we’ve penciled in a couple ideas for the months after we finish working the peak season at Amazon. We’re going to see New Orleans for the first time, and explore some other parts of Louisiana. We want to check out eastern Texas, including Corpus Christi…and today I made our first reservations for next year…at Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas, TX. We plan to stay there for the month of March.

After a wonderful summer up here in NY enjoying some quality time with family and friends, we will be excited to get wheels back on the road in September. Smile But in the meantime, I will have lots of fun doing some planning!

7 comments:

  1. You will LOVE Port A! We've spent the last 2 winters down there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the travels we have done there was only the first night on the road in January that we weren't sure where we were staying. In 2008 we traveled for 6 weeks and covered 7,000 miles but Kathy had made certain she knew where we were sleeping at each night of the trip and what we'd be doing along the way. When we'd arrive she'd say it was like she had already been there. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely don't plan like you do. Have no idea what or where we'll be in the Fall as we head back to AZ. Somewhere West of the Mississippi is as much planning as I do. I usually call the RV park the day we're going to arrive to see if they have room for us. Very seldom do we get turned away. But I'm with you on the planning. Once we decide we're going to kind of go this way, I spent hours and hours finding things to see along the way. I am such a tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've heard so many good things about the gulf side in Texas. Looks like a nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We go to the Biloxi Mississippi area of the Gulf Coast, Jan thru March. I'm from the Sioux Falls area, so I know you'd value my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy and I will be heading up to New England after we leave here Labor Day. If you have any suggestions please let us know. We plan to follow the fall leaves south and stay in Fl from Dec-Mar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In New England, I'd like to suggest Walpole NH. It's the home of film maker Ken Burns and where his film studio is located. Located in the SW part of NH, it's on the beautiful Connecticut River Valley. And it boasts of the best home made ice cream in NH, located at 532 Main St. (Rt. 12), Walpole, NH.

    ReplyDelete