Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer in NY

Location: Catskill, NY (High 82, Low 58)

catskillrd1

 

Harry and I have been enjoying ourselves, and the beautiful upstate NY weather has been wonderful. 

IMG_5939

 

We’ve had a couple other days with rain, but not washouts. and yesterday for the second time in a week there was a beautiful rainbow over the campground.

IMG_5941

 

 

 

 

 

catskilldinner

 

A couple days ago, a former coworker of Harry’s invited us to dinner at his home. We had a wonderful dinner and then relaxed on the front porch.

IMG_5926

My sister and I have been continuing our training for the half-marathon. This past Saturday, we ran 5 miles. And we actually ran the whole thing! This is the first time in my life that I have been able to run more than three quarters of a mile. I always thought I couldn’t run, but now I realize that I just needed to persevere through the training.

IMG_5942

 

Today we took a drive down to Kingston.

It is nice to have a Camping World so close.

 

IMG_5945

 

We were actually there last week, and bought a replacement X-chock. After getting back home, we discovered that it was defective. So back we went today to exchange it for another.

IMG_5948

 

After that errand was accomplished, we headed for what has become one of my favorite places to get fresh fruits and veggies….Adams Fairacre Farms.IMG_5949

 

 

(It pays to tag along when my sister goes shopping – she tuned me into this great place.)

 

IMG_5951

 

 

Lots of good food here! We had fresh green beans tonight for dinner – I think I am getting used to having the fresh stuff!!

 

 

We have just about finished all of our doctor’s and dentist’s appointments. Good reports all around – even from my trip to the dentist. Tomorrow Harry has his follow-up with the surgeon, and I have one more annual test next month, and then we are done for the year!

Life is good. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment