Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Change in Plans

There’s a couple different changes in plan to write about today. The first is for the weekend. After reading the blog last night, Harry remarked that there were still a couple things to get done in the upstairs bathroom, so it seems that work on the downstairs floor has been pushed back a few days. Right now everything that was in the bathroom closet is sitting in a box, so we are also going to try to pare that down to essentials before we return them to the closet. I’m not quite sure how I have ended up with so many varieties of creams, polishes, and other cosmetic supplies sitting on my closet shelf when I basically use the same stuff all the time. It’s one of those deals where I hate to throw “good” stuff away so they continue to sit on the shelf unused, because I don’t want to throw it away but I don’t want to use it either. What a conundrum!

The other change in plans is a little more exciting. Those people who are tuned into details may notice that the house sale countdown on the side of my blog has “jumped” a bit. That is because Harry and I have been talking about our date for putting the house on the market. Realistically speaking, the chances of our finding a buyer immediately are not great. Even though the housing market in the capital region of NY has not experienced the same problems that are in some parts of the country, there are definitely a lot of homes on the market right now. And even once we find a buyer, the sale process is not quick either. Our buyer for the condo had six months to get her mortgage etc. and we still didn’t close when we were supposed to. So with all that in mind, we have decided to put our house on the market this fall instead of waiting until January. Yes, that’s THIS fall, as in October 1st, as in just EIGHT months away!!! Should we find a buyer quickly, we will just be upfront with them about the fact that we can’t go anywhere before early February 2013.

Putting the house on the market in October for some reason makes it seem so much more immediate, even though it’s only three months earlier. So I (yes you guessed it) have made another list!! In love As I mentioned yesterday, we still have a lot of sorting, and pitching and packing up to do around here. Time to get busy!

7 comments:

  1. YAY!! That is terrific news!! It's happening!!! :-)
    Could you all just move into the 5er if you get a quick sell??? Just asking....anyway, congrats you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's exciting news! Many more days closer to your dream!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, now that you mention it..I *did* notice that the countdown looked different :) Good for you! Now the push is on for sure. That time will go by sooooo fast. I laughed at your blog today, all the polishes, etc. Before the flood, I had so many of that sort of thing that I know I didn't use. Now I don't even miss it. Woohoo, you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that is helping time pass quickly! Isn't it nice to see "that" day move closer? Happy list making. I think it never ends until you move out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck, get the house sold and move into your RV full time. It is good practice! You are wise to put the house up for sale early. It does take time.

    Leanne ( Laurie's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet you sell yours long be fore we do! When we get back from our trip we will get started on the repairs, but I won't hold my breath on getting it ready for sale, or for Craig to help getting rid of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Sell ASAP and move into the fiver. We lived in ours for a year before hitting the road.

    Only problem I can see is that most campgrounds in your area close from Sept or Oct until the Spring.

    ReplyDelete