Happy New Year 2012! I said to Harry this morning, now we can say NEXT year we will become fulltimers! Yeah, I know we’re really only one day closer, but it sure sounds good.
This morning we checked out one of our gifts from yesterday. My mom and stepdad gave us a griddle for our Weber Q.
Now we are all set for breakfast this year when we are out with the fiver!
(And Harry looks real sharp in the red polartec vest which was another one of his gifts.)
OK, so you must have known this was coming…no first blog post for a year would be complete without the ever-present TO DO LIST. But this one is a little different – this is our last major list of stuff that we want to do with the house. By the end of the year, we will be ready for the house to go on sale. All of our improvements will be done, the place will be completely empty of extraneous stuff, and we will be ready for the next step! So without further ado, here is the 2012 TO DO LIST.
- Stain the sliding glass door to the deck
- paint the downstairs office
- clean out basement
- wash basement floor and walls
- replace downstairs sink faucet
- replace downstairs bathroom floor
- paint the downstairs bathroom
- paint garage to kitchen stairs
- dismantle shed
- empty above garage storage area
- rent dumpster (and fill!)
We also have some fun plans for the year…but that’s for another blog post!
Have a great day everyone!!