Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Monday, October 28, 2013

Two In One Week!

Location: Campbellsville, KY (High 64, Low 37)

Wow, two posts in one week! I am up early this morning, as my hands were giving me a bit of grief and keeping me awake. So I decided what the heck, might as well get up. So here I am up at 3 am, drinking my coffee. That’s not quite as early as it sounds, seeing that our alarm is set to go off at 4 am.

If it weren’t for my shoulders and arms being a bit stiff and sore, I would really feel pretty good. The massages have kept the sore muscles in check, so it hasn’t gotten any worse at least. Although I’m bummed that I’m not really losing any weight. From the discussion on the Facebook camperforce group, it seems like it’s basically half and half between people who lose weight and those who don’t. Just my luck to be in the “not” group!

This week the peak schedule went up. It’s tentative but it gives us an idea of when the overtime will start. They actually authorized VOT (voluntary overtime) starting this week. We decided to give ourselves one more week before signing up for that. It will probably be a nonissue anyway. They were still doing VTO (voluntary time off) for some shifts yesterday so it seems doubtful whether they will really need people for overtime. If the peak schedule does hold, there will be a period of time when we are working every day of the week except Thursday. Won’t be doing much during that time except working, eating and sleeping. :)

The facility is opening a second breakroom this weekend, and we will finally get our locker which we are really looking forward to. The couple cold mornings that we had this past week meant I needed to break down and wear my sweatshirt to work, and it was a pain to carry it around with me everywhere. Amazon is also offering free flu shots this year, and we are signed up to get ours today.

The weather has really improved. We had a few mornings in the 20s with highs in the 40s late last week, but right now it is 52 according to our thermometer. Supposed to be in the 60s today. Much nicer. I would love to keep this warm weather around as long as possible!! Maybe until mid-December… <grin>…

1 comment:

  1. I would be with you on the results of working like that - sore muscles, no lost weight! Thinking you have some spam above!

    ReplyDelete