Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Noses Creek Trail Hike

Location: Adairsville, GA (High 54, Low 24)

IMG_0043

One of the best things about staying in the Atlanta area is having family here that knows their way around. My cousin enjoys hiking as Harry and I do, so yesterday we made plans to meet her at her apartment, to go for a short walk through the woods. About 20 minutes from Lynne’s apartment is a Civil War Battlefield preservation area with several walking trails. Lynne has been there many times so she knows her way around very well.

 

We forgot to turn on our various gps apps on our electronic devices and watches :) so I’m not sure how long it was – maybe a couple miles.

IMG_0041

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0051

 

 

 

IMG_0052

 

 

 

 

IMG_0054 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0061

 

After the hike, we met my aunt and uncle for dinner at a local restaurant, Ted’s Montana Grill. I had bison pot roast, a first for me. It was really good. I had my camera but didn’t think to take any pictures. Oops.

Today promises to be another nice day. We are heading over to my aunt’s later for a Phase 10 rematch and dinner to celebrate Lynne’s birthday. We are having a great time here in GA. 

2 comments:

  1. We've come to love Georgia too. We spent the summer up in Blairsville and love the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have a guide for walking. Enjoy Atlanta area!

    ReplyDelete