Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 1 Almost Over

Location: Campbellsville, KY (High 90, Low 68)

Well, one more day left and our first week for this new season will be over. So far, the week has gone really well.

It looks like we’re going to spend a lot of time this year working on the sort line. We were in that area quite a bit last year too, so our amazon1training has basically been a refresher course while going over the changes that have been implemented since we left last December. I like working on the sort line. It’s very fast paced and each day goes by very quickly. It’s a very physical job though. It involves unloading pallets of product and emptying the trucks of product that come into the warehouse each day. So we’re getting a workout for sure. So far, I have not been sore at all at the end of the day. Of course we’ve only worked two five hour shifts, so we will see what I feel like at the end of our first week of ten hour shifts!!

I am also trying to be more aware of what I eat this year, and not go crazy with store bought snacks and eating pastries for breakfast and buying pies for dessert. (When I think of how I ate last year while we were here, I find it amazing that I didn’t gain ten pounds!!) I would love to lose a few this time.

heartland1A few more rigs have come into the campground over the past couple of days. So far I have no regrets that we made the decision to move to Heartland Campground this year.  Yesterday we needed to make a couple phone calls. We would have had to sit in town after we got out of work to make them. We’ve also been able to bring in a couple local channels which we were unable to do last year. But mostly, I just love being able to walk outside at twenty of six and just walk across the street to work.

We are getting a taste of hot weather this week. Our a/c has been on nonstop since we arrived, which is actually the first time it has been on more than a couple hours at a time all year. There isn’t any change in sight over the next ten days, but hopefully by mid September we will start to get down into the 80s at least.

We haven’t done any running since we’ve been here, as we only plan to do runs on days off. This week we only have one day off (Saturday) and then we start back in on Sunday with our normal shift. So hopefully next week on our days off we will get a chance to get a run in. Smile

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like all of your running/training may help on the job. Walking to work would be a plus for me as I do not tow a car.

    ReplyDelete