Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Homeward Bound

We headed home yesterday, leaving Burlington around 10 am, which got us on the roads after rush hour. It was a beautiful day for traveling, with blue skies and nice puffy white clouds.




I tried to see the ride with my new "blogging" eyes, although this is a route I have traveled so many times I barely pay attention to the "scenery". It's a little strange I guess how a certain pattern of hills and curves can become so familiar.



This area has a lot of small bodies of water, but I don't know if any of them are named. It was a pretty uneventful trip, and took us about two and a half hours.






Once we arrived home, we unpacked, did laundry, all the mundane things that one must do after returning home from a weekend away. I wonder how different it will be when we are traveling with our home with us? I looked over the weekend for campgrounds in that area. Although we won't be restricted by our work as we are now, it seems that we will be a little tied into the seasons, as campgrounds up in this area don't seem to start opening much before April, or in some cases, May. And they start closing up around October. So we will have to plan our family times around the warmer months, unless our family moves south!!

No comments:

Post a Comment