Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Making Lists

I had to go to work this morning. My workplace has limited hours on Saturdays, so at least it was a shorter day. And since Monday is Memorial Day, I still have 2 days off coming up, so that is a good feeling.

While I was at work this morning, Harry got back to work on the bedroom upstairs. We have been doing a lot of fixing up around here, in part because we just wanted to change things, and in part to hopefully make the house worth more and hopefully assist with selling it more quickly when that time comes. Even though we still have a few years left until we are at that point, the number of things we want to do around here sometimes seems daunting. While we're talking about or working on one job, we'll be also thinking about another one that also needs doing. So today when I got home from work, we sat down to the table with our lunch and made a huge to-do list. It covers all of the house improvements, things that we are ready to sell, areas that have to be cleaned out (like Harry's workbench in the garage and the upstairs closet). It's times like that, when I look at our "to-do" list, that I'm glad that this is a long-term plan, and that we didn't make the decision to sell everything and full-time, oh, like one year beforehand!!! I have nothing but admiration for those folks who make the decision and are packed up and moving a few months or a year later. But I'm glad I don't have to do it that way. Although sometimes our traveling days do seem a long way away in the future, I know, for sure, that 7 or 8 years will go by way too fast, and that when we are getting ready to drive out of our driveway for the last time, we will look back at this whole process and say, I can't believe it's here already!! So, in the meantime, I am putting my whole self into enjoying this process, and this journey too. :)

Well, I'm off to take some pictures of the house, so that when we do get our to-do list accomplished, I will have some before pictures to compare to the after ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment