Location: Avon Park, FL
I was thinking the other day about the blog post I did last week about all of the mods and changes that we’ve done over the years. While Harry and I were talking about what we have done, there were a few things we didn’t put on the list because they fell more under repair and upkeep instead of modification. So it came to me that it might be a good idea to compile a list of those kinds of things also. If you’re not into reading about stuff breaking and needing to be fixed, you might not find the rest of this one too interesting. Just fair warning.
We bought our fiver, a 2011 Heartland Landmark in May of 2011 new off the lot. We bought it down in TN, went down in mid-June to pick it up and after towing it back home to NY, we didn’t do too much traveling with it for the rest of that year since we’d used up most of our vacation time by then.
- Microwave outlet low voltage corrected by securing wire nuts with electrical tape
- Kitchen slide adjustment, as it was approximately an inch and a half out of alignment
- Tree branch lands on side of roof after early snowstorm in October. Repaired with Dicor caulking.
- October – Cooling unit replaced on fridge and two extra fans added
- December – Pex piping in basement leaks from cold and Harry replaced with brass fittings
- January - Water pump replaced under warranty
- March – Doorside slide topper roller and fabric replaced; air conditioner cover replaced
- October – Water heater thermostat replaced
- January – Breaker for slides replaced
- May – Hot water feed from heater replaced due to leak
- May – Wiring to thermostat from water heater replaced
- June – Black tank repaired by applying epoxy seal to vent pipe of tank
- October – Water heater replaced
- October - Water pump replaced (after Harry breaks it while replacing water heater! Oops.)
- November - Furnace control board replaced
- May – Toilet flange replaced
- May – Replaced front a/c cover due to crack
- May – Microwave vent cover replaced
- May – D Seals replaced on two main slides
- July – Black tank dump valve cable replaced
- July – Propane regulator replaced
- April – Caulked roof trim piece to prevent it from popping out
- June – Repaired puncture in fresh water fill hose
- June – Two bearings replaced due to wear
- July – House battery replaced
- August – Axle u-bolts and centering pins replaced
- December – Shower head replaced
On top of the above, Harry has restrung every blind in the place, some more than once.
We are hoping and praying that 2017 will be our shortest list yet! I wouldn’t even mind if it was empty!!