Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Dinner and a Walk

Location: Avon Park, FL

20170208_163255_001One of Harry’s favorite places for dinner is Outback Steakhouse, so yesterday afternoon we went over to Sebring so he could indulge in a nice steak dinner.

20170208_170039

 

 

Haha, we decided to go for an early dinner, leaving our place at 4 o’clock. We thought the place would be deserted since it was before the usual dinner hour, but when we got there, there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. The restaurant had a good number of tables that were occupied, and all the people eating their meals were of the, ahem, older retired variety. We both got a big laugh out of that. Guess we really are fitting in!

(I didn’t take any pictures of myself, since it was Harry’s big day, but I also enjoyed my drink and meal.)

20170208_175250

 

After we got home, we were both definitely full, and decided to take a nice walk. It was a beautiful evening, and the rising moon was gorgeous.

 

20170208_180905

 

 

 

 

20170208_180922

 

 

Harry had a good time reading all his Facebook birthday greetings, and enjoyed phone calls from both of his children. So I think he had a very nice birthday.

Today was a very laid back day. It was one of those days when I just didn’t have an awful lot of energy, so I just went for a walk this morning, and spent the rest of the day reading and watching a little tv. Not much to talk about there. In just a little bit we’ll be heading over for an evening of cards. Didn’t do anything today, but it went fast anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Harry had a great birthday!! Your evening walk looked wonderful. I grew up in Florida and remember those evenings...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete