Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens

Location: Williston, FL (High 79, Low 57)

When we got up yesterday, it was raining. But by mid-morning, it was starting to clear. So we decided to take a drive to…IMG_4560

 

The garden is having its Spring festival this weekend, so we figured it would be all in bloom. We were a little disappointed. With it being so warm, we forget that it is really “winter”. Winking smile

IMG_4570

 

 

 

 

 

 

We still managed to get some nice shots though.

IMG_0641

 

IMG_4585

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0707

 

 

 

 

IMG_4569

 

 

IMG_4574

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_4642Despite the lack of flowering plants, we had a very nice day. If we were going to be in the area later in the year, we would definitely take another trip to this garden to see it in full bloom.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm always surprised myself that there is not more things in bloom here in CA. It's 70 all year round! The cherry trees are just starting to bloom now..and we're both sneezing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - the picture of the Iris. How I miss the early Spring blooms back at my old house. (That's about ALL I miss).

    ReplyDelete