Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Hike in the Woods

Today was another gorgeous day! We were happy that the weather was going to be nice for our first hike of the season.

IMG_1949First we had one job to get done. Harry wanted to torque the tires on the fiver in preparation for our trip on Saturday. So we brought the slides in one by one so he could get to the tires.

We put the cats in the bedroom – it is great to have a door to close.

IMG_1951

 

 

 

If you look through the window, you can see them hanging out on the bed.

 

 

 

Then it was time to head to my sister’s for our hike in the Catskills.

IMG_1956

We were all excited to get out and do a hike for the first time in a long time. We have been talking about doing this for several years without it taking place, and this year we decided we are going to schedule some hikes and make it happen!

IMG_1958

 

 

 

 

My niece Hannah was the trail leader, and moved along like a mountain goat! Was I ever that nimble?

 

IMG_1964

 

There were a few steep spots that had me stopping to catch my breath, but the views were worth it.

 

 

IMG_1960

 

 

 

 

IMG_1963

 

 

 

Anyone have to go?? Flirt male

 

 

 

At the top it was time to take a break and enjoy some water that we brought along.

IMG_1969

 

 

IMG_1971

 

 

 

 

It was a wonderful day…

IMG_1968

IMG_1974

 

and hopefully the first hike of many!!

6 comments:

  1. The views take your breath away! Nice hike, I bet you enjoyed the family along too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. the views were lovely!...as were the 'amenities' along the path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "potty" cracked me up. Not quite what you'd expect up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great hike. That "privy" wasn't very private! I think I'll wait...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend the day! I'm glad you had great weather too!

    ReplyDelete