Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another Day

Well, if I thought it was challenging sometimes to come up with stuff to blog about, I think some of these “recuperatin’ days” are going to top my previous challenges. I’m feeling pretty good, considering. I definitely have to think more about finding a comfortable position to relax in, and eat or watch tv. For a while, the days of just flopping down on the couch are going to be a memory. These days, my every move is choreographed and planned. Walking around is not too uncomfortable, actually I think the main factor causing me discomfort when I walk are the staples pulling – and they come out this afternoon! Open-mouthed smile The thing I’ve actually noticed the most so far is that I get tired so easily. I’ll be up for a few hours (as in three or four hours), and then I feel like I’m getting tired, so I lay down and take a 2 hour nap; then I get up for a few hours and repeat the process! Then by early evening, I’m yawning and feeling like it’s time to head to bed after my long day. One happy recovery I did make as of yesterday – my morning cup of coffee tasted good again! Smile

3 comments:

  1. Recovering from surgery is a process. Let your body tell you what you should do. If it's says 'yawn'..maybe it's nap time :)
    You'll be up and around before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those staple remover folks are a lot better at taking staples out than I am with my little hand held staple remover. Otherwise, you'd be going back in for more stitches!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete