Location: Vinton, LA (High 54, Low 29)
Over the past few days we’ve been watching the weather forecasts, and although there was mention of a chance of rain or a little sleet/snow overnight tonight, most of the forecasters over the past few days continued to say that there would be little, if any, impact on travel.
When we arrived this past Monday in Scott, LA, our plan was to stay at the KOA until tomorrow. I know a lot of people don’t like KOAs, but we have stayed at a few and don’t mind stopping at one occasionally. But this one was even a little more pricey than they usually seem to be, which is why we were only going to stay a few days. (They were having a “stay three nights, get the fourth night free” special.)
This morning when we got up, we were surprised to find that the slight chance of a little wintry precipitation was turning into a winter weather event. So after talking it over, we decided to give up our free night and move on, instead of taking a chance on being stuck paying for an additional pricey night or two.
We took our time packing up. Checkout was at noon, but we weren’t restricted to that, since we had the site until tomorrow anyway. So we ended up leaving around 12:30, which is easily our latest departure ever. We had a pretty quick trip of about 85 miles or so. Not too hard to take!
We are settled in a nice quiet campground in Vinton, LA. We are not too far from the Texas border. When we arrived, got settled and saw what a nice little spot this is, we decided to stay for a bit, so we will be hanging out here for the next week.
Since we ended up spending the day packing up and moving, Harry hasn’t had a chance to upload his pictures yet. So the next installment of “swamp boat tour” pictures is yet to come!