Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nice Start to a Lazy Day

Wow! We woke up at 8 o’clock this morning! I can’t believe we slept that late. Smile So nice!!

Last night was fun – we had my company’s Christmas party. IMG_3808 Harry set up the tripod to get a picture of us in our “finery” before we headed out.

We had a really nice time. The food was awesome. There were food stations in the ballrooms and several bar areas throughout. We had drink tickets for two free drinks each. I had a really yummy drink with coconut rum. There was so much food – prime rib, turkey, pasta station, all kinds of pastas and finger foods. There were also dessert stations, and a chocolate fondue station.

We were lucky to get a table when we arrived. This is the view from our table – the dessert station and the chocolate fondue. Both Harry and I ate entirely too much!

IMG_3812 IMG_3811

I don’t usually like pictures of myself, but I thought this one came out pretty good. My, ahem, natural coloring is reasserting itself now that I have stopped having it colored.

IMG_3810

We headed for home around 9ish. We had a lovely meal, and enjoyed the people-watching, but neither of us are big partiers, so we had had enough by then. Ahhhh, it was nice to put our comfy clothes back on and relax on our couch. Open-mouthed smile

Our storm for today looks like it’s going to be all rain. It’s actually supposed to be in the mid 40s today. I wish it would stop raining long enough to take a walk outside. Don’t think it’s supposed to though. Everyone have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of the two of you, and another nice one of just you! You look good with the natural hair, I always thought my greys were well deserved so why cover them up?
    :)

    Glad you had fun, we are getting more snow out here in the West again, which means more shovelling. yikes.

    At least with rain you don't have to shovel...

    Enjoy your slower day today!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture of the two of you all 'gussied up'..enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great picture of you two! Oh my, the food sounds wonderful too.

    Are you in line for any of the current storm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Isn't it fun to go out once in awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great Christmas Party. I liked the view from your table too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fondue lover myself, lol! That's the first thing to really caught my eye in every gathering. Chocolate fondue is my top most favorite but cheese fondue is also great to share around with some girl friends and a bottle of wine. Beef and seafoods fondue on the other hand is perfect for my family of six to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As we prepared to go full time, I found that getting rid of stuff was liberating. So too when I stopped coloring my hair. Life was just less complicated :)
    You looked wonderful in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete