Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Another Great Day of Progress

I headed out this morning for my usual Saturday morning. Harry puttered around the house getting some of the finishing touches done. He started putting in the new hardware in the bathrooms, and got the new carbon monoxide/smoke detectors installed on each floor.

IMG_2852

 

The weatherman was right on with his forecast and it rained all morning. So it turned out to be a good thing that Harry had done his outside jobs earlier in the week.

 

IMG_2851

 

When I got home from work, we started gathering the items which we would be taking to my sister’s house.

I think that this is their last truckload!

 

 

IMG_2856

 

 

It was still raining, but only lightly. We were happy that it was no longer pouring, like it had been most of the day.

 

Loaded and ready to go!!

IMG_2863

 

IMG_2862

 

And even better, look at our garage!!! It is SO empty-looking!

IMG_2860

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2861

 

 

Can you believe how open it is? Wow!!

 

 

IMG_2865

 

And here is my sister, so excited that we are helping her fill UP her garage!

 

 

 

For some reason, seeing our garage almost emptied out is really bringing home to me how close we are, and it is SO exciting. It seems a little weird to me that after all the projects we’ve done over the past couple of years, that seeing our garage being cleared is one of the most thrilling moments so far, but, there it is. Flirt male

Tomorrow we will be taking most of the day off. We are having company over for our final turkey dinner, so that will be another exciting moment. And then, we have five days left before we head out for trip #4!! So far, August has been a month of anticipation and fun. And I think the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment