Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Best Laid Plans

Location: Catskill, NY (High 39, Low 20)

Yesterday’s work didn’t exactly go as planned unfortunately. Although we arrived on schedule early in the day, after equipment issues and several trips to Home Depot, the job still was in prep stage and it was almost 5 o’clock. So we have reluctantly tabled the flooring job until we return to the area in June.

And speaking of planning…I have started to seriously check out the weather for our trip south next week. Yes, next week!! We have our stops already planned…an overnight in PA, another overnight in VA, and then a bit longer stop in SC. We are hoping that next Tuesday will be departure day. So far, Tuesday’s weather looks fine…Wednesday’s is a little more iffy. I think…based on what it looks like at this point, that we may leave Tuesday and head as far as PA, and then sit for the sloppy weather before we move on. We will wait a couple more days to firm our plans up further.

Today is Harry’s last working Monday…and we are seven days from DEPARTURE DAY!!!


  1. I you need a place in South Carolina right on I95, Bass Lake Campground (http://basslakecampground.net/) is terrific. Easy access, wonderful on-site owners, clean, etc. We stayed there almost a month in 2010 and would definitely return. We have friends who return there every year for extended stay.

  2. Happy last working monday morning to you and Harry!!

  3. This is so exciting. I would definitely leave town and then sit somewhere else to out wait the weather. At least that way you're on the road.

  4. Or, leave town and drive like a bat outta somewhere, until the weather forces you stop... Get to NC as fast as you can!! LOL