Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Making It Official

Yesterday we finished up the painting in our bedroom, and removed the painter’s tape from the edges. (No more pictures until our furniture arrives tomorrow!) We are really happy with the color we picked. We didn’t want to take the time to get a sample can and paint a swatch on the wall, and you never know how much it’s going to darken when it dries – until you see it. But the color we picked just darkened a little to a pleasant tone and I think our furniture and bedding colors are going to complement it nicely.

21081607_10214786816450764_1262289134_oNow that we are settled in Avon Park for a while, I happily dragged Harry off to what used to be my favorite place – the local library! We brought a piece of mail with our address and it’s a good thing we did, because we had to show it to get a library card. I picked out a few of my favorite authors, and have been reacquainting myself with the unfamiliar sensation of reading an actual book – with pages to turn and everything! haha

This morning we did some more bookkeeping business and went online to the majority of the rest of our accounts and changed our address. I really love being able to just sign into an account and change information like that. In that case, much better than having an actual piece of paper. I’m also not going to miss having our RV registration number on our licenses in place of the street, which is the way FL does it when your permanent address is a mail service place. On Friday we will be going over to the FL DMV (that’s not what they call it here but can’t get that term from NYS out of my head) to get our new licenses with our address on it. We will be keeping the mail service address in Green Cove Springs, but will be switching to a part-time basis for the summer months, and placing our account on hold while we’re here.

Now that our bedroom is done, we’re going to slow down and work on the painting and improvements we want to do more gradually. We actually got out this morning and went for a 5 mile walk – our first in a long time! We went out at 7:15 am and it was 76 degrees already. I keep hoping I can sweat off a couple pounds. :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished project, furniture and all!! Sounds like everything is coming together nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the feel and smell of a book from the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept a spread sheet (surprise... I do that with everything) listing address changes, etc. However, 6 months later I realized I missed one. Possibly you are more organized than me.

    ReplyDelete