Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Knock on Wood

IMG_0934I’m almost afraid to put this into print, but so far our fall has been so….warm!! Believe me, I’m not complaining – I’m just so surprised at our good luck. In all other respects, it is definitely fall, the days seem dark, IMG_0935the leaves are covering the lawns, and those fall winds are blowing. As far as the temperatures go, even our weatherman has been remarking on how nice this fall has been – our highs have been over 60 most days, and our lows have mostly been in the 40s. Wow.

IMG_0936

If that could only continue for another month or two! We still have not turned our heat on, not even once.

Not much else has been going on this week. I spent yesterday finally picking up around here, getting all of our suitcases and vacation stuff put away. I am fully recovered from my cold now, and happy to be feeling better.

IMG_0937We are almost to another weekend. Harry will be finishing up the winterizing of the fiver, and I am going to get busy on the next item on the to-do list – painting the downstairs guest room. There are only ten weekends left to work before the end of the year, and that last one is Christmas weekend, so I don’t plan to work on the house that day. In love Time to get motivatin’!!

5 comments:

  1. It's been cold and rainy here, hate that damp feeling.

    I believe in the "write it down - get it done" philosophy. You are doing good on reducing your "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are having good weather!!..it has been nice here in BC too..but it is raining this morning..boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to get nice weather this late in the fall. Those trees on your street sure look nice with all the colored leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping that weather can continue for you!! It has been about those temps here in Georgia.
    I just love the fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't the fall colors nice! Despite the cooler temps at night..

    ReplyDelete