Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Almost There

Well, one more day left to go this week! I wonder how many times tomorrow someone is going to mention the fact that it’s Friday the 13th? Glad I’m not the superstitious sort.

Today the rain held off long enough that I was able to get my walk in this morning. I’ve been so pleased with myself that I have kept up my schedule of walking daily for the past three weeks. My sister and I are actually in the 18th week of our exercise contest, but for many of those weeks my progress was up and down. Some weeks I did well, and other weeks I didn’t make it to our goal. But, like I said, I’ve been on a roll these past few weeks. Some of my momentum is also coming from the fact that I’m actually starting to see a difference. Today I wore a top to work that I have not been able to wear in months! Open-mouthed smile I was so excited this morning to discover that it fit again! Hopefully this momentum will carry me through the change of having to travel to a local gym. We plan to join when the weather starts getting too cool to enjoy our morning and evening walks. So we will probably make it through October before we have to make other arrangements.

Tonight I’ve been trying to find the office! I don’t know where all this stuff comes from. Magazines, catalogs, old mail – it multiplies!! But since we have someone coming to check out the elliptical tomorrow, I wanted to make the room presentable. Hopefully we will have another sale coming and another large item making its way out the door!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! Congratulations on keeping you target and being able to wear that top again. That is such a great feeling. :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete