Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

Slowly but surely, the days are getting shorter. It’s now 8:30, and for the most part, darkness has fallen. That’s one of the things I like most about late spring and early summer – how nice and long the days are. Getting out and doing something, like walking, at 7:30 or 8 o’clock when it’s nice and sunny just feels so different from the exact same activity that’s being done in the dark. It would be nice if the longer days lasted….longer!

The heat of the past few days has subsided. I can feel the air coming in the windows, and the lows tonight are supposed to be in the low 60s. Perfect sleeping weather.

I’ve started reading my new book – Frommer’s Exploring America by RV. So far I’m still making my way through the introductory chapters. I’m almost through Part I actually, which is the part that talks about different types of RV clubs, RV History, RV terms and lots of general information. There wasn’t too much there that I hadn’t at least heard about, but it was good to have it all pulled together in one place. Coming up next: the section on the California Desert and Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the weather is getting cooler there...maybe it will come this way.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete