Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fall Rites

A few days ago I mentioned that the cool evening air reminded me of fall. And while I am no hurry for that particular season to arrive any time soon, the local news tonight started talking about another thing that I love about fall – FOOTBALL!! The NY Giants have arrived in Albany for their training season. YAY!! Although I have never gone and watched the Giants at training camp, I am a diehard Giants fan – I come by it naturally – my dad lived and died as a loyal fan of the Giants, and every year when I watch their games, it reminds me so much of my dad and how much he loved a good football game (especially when they were winning).

Today was a nice, comfortable day for working around the house. This morning before we got started I took a few “before” pictures.

IMG_2780
IMG_2781
IMG_2779
   

Harry worked in the bedroom pulling up the carpeting while I worked in the hallway to get it all taped, so we could get back to priming.

IMG_2783[5]

We first started working on the hallway last year, and then got sidetracked doing other projects, so it felt good to be getting back to it.

IMG_2786 IMG_2788
IMG_2787 IMG_2784

We are making progress! When we finish the upstairs bedroom and hallway, a big chunk of our tasks for the upstairs will be done. So this was a good work weekend! Smile

5 comments:

  1. Wow, good girl! Looks great so far. Helps that the weather cooled off a bit, I know.
    I'm excited for football season myself. I am an Eagles fan (ahem..)but I love to watch any football. I hate when the season is over, what will I do with my Sunday and Monday nights?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of progress AND lots of hard work. Things are looking good.
    Each step gets you closer to your goal. :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - well, my good friend Rose (whose picture appeared in an earlier blog when she came to the house for dinner) is from Philly and is also an Eagles fan - it is a ongoing "conversation topic" each year!! ;) I agree - weekends are so much more fun when there are football games on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up across the river in South Jersey from Philadelphia, I must be an Eagles Fan too.

    Hubby is from Louisiana. He says where he comes from in SW Louisiana, you are either a Cowboys fan or a communist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We leave for the RV fulltime lifestyle late 2011...hope to see ya'll on the road

    ReplyDelete