Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fastest Day on Record!

Today was the kind of day where, at the end of it, one just looks at the clock in amazement that the whole day has gone by already. When I went out to open the branch doors at 8:30, there were members outside waiting to come in, and it just never stopped after that. I think the longest time I had without someone at my desk was maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and it only happened once or twice. I can never decide whether I like days like that. It sure did go by fast, but now I have a pile of stuff to make my way through tomorrow morning. Harry had a similar sort of day, so when I got home and we considered where dinner was coming from, we both pooled our cash and headed out to a local Chinese food joint. For only $29, we have enough food for another dinner and probably a lunch as well.

Yesterday was a good visiting day. Although there were still a couple crazy drivers out as we negotiated the main thoroughfare on our way to Gretchen’s house, it came nowhere near our scare of the day before. We had a fun day playing with our little guy. I took an awful lot of pictures (of course) but I will only post a couple of my favorites.

IMG_2829

IMG_2827

All too soon, it was time to head for home once again. Our trip home was about 45 minutes to an hour longer than usual because of…IMG_2878 21 miles of stop and go traffic!

And, guess what else I saw on the trip home?

IMG_2881

IMG_2880

I didn’t get a great picture of them because it was through the windshield of a moving car and it was raining on top of it, but yes! those are leaves that are starting to turn!! There were more trees than that with red, gold and orange leaves appearing, but I just couldn’t get a good picture of them. The motto is…enjoy the summer while it is still here!

4 comments:

  1. Schaun sure looks like Harry, I see the resemblance! Our leaves are turning a bit too, more from the lack of rain than the cold nights. Not cold enough quite yet. Nice rainy day yesterday, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been noticing some trees that have leaves turning already. It seems a little early here in Georgia for that. I welcome the cool temps of fall though!!

    Your little fellow is such a sweetie!! I love the pics. :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea, we have leaves dropping but also because it is so dry here.

    Just think, when you start fulltiming you will be able to arrange your schedule as that you can avoid rush hour traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No leaves dropping here....then again, they're mostly pine trees ;)

    ReplyDelete