Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Friday, July 16, 2010

End of the Week

It’s been a busy couple of weeks, and I’m out of my “write in the morning” routine. On top of that, there really hasn’t been a lot going on around here. Let’s see…what is the latest news here? Well, we are preparing our house for the weekend. My mom and step-dad are coming tomorrow, probably around mid-day. I have to work until 2 o’clock so they will most likely get to the house before I do. Tomorrow night we are having steak shish kabobs. Actually, as soon as I finish writing this entry, I have to start making the marinade so that we can get the steak soaking up the juices! Yum! We actually had these on Easter this year. I think I have a picture…. (haha of course!)

Here is Harry cooking our dinner! Take note of shorts and t-shirt on April 4th!!! That doesn’t happen very often up here.

IMG_1896

And here are our shish kabobs up close and personal!

IMG_1895

Hopefully they will taste as good this time. We actually bought shish kabob holders that these will sit in which will hopefully make turning them a little easier.

I recently took a look at our savings for the truck and fifth wheel. At this point we are 27% of the way to our goal for savings. We have made major advances this year so far. It has helped that we have been able to sell some major items this year, which have really increased our totals. For the rest of the year we just have the normal amounts of money that we are putting aside each pay period. It’s strange, because in one sense 2013 seems like a distance away, and yet, when I look at our rate of savings, it will take that long to put aside the amount of money that we want to have when we buy.

We have all but decided what we want for a fifth wheel. It is a Nuwa Hitchhiker Champagne – I even know which  floor plan – assuming that they still have these floor plans in 3 more years. One thing on our agenda is a trip to their factory in 2012, so that we can see these models for ourselves. But barring some new information, or seeing something we don’t like about this model, this is our future home!! :) So exciting!!

Well, I guess it’s about time to get my marinade put together. With company this weekend I should have some opportunities for taking new photos and something new to write about!

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking kababs! Good choice in a 5vr. I wish we could find a motorhome with a 5vr interior, then we'd be happy!

    ReplyDelete