Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

No Such Luck

I pretty much expected it, but today confirmed it. There isn’t going to be a quick 24 hour sale this time! No calls today. Oh well, we will just be patient. Hopefully it will just take a week or two, or at least within the month.

It’s a little cool tonight, especially the breeze, but I am soaking it in, because starting on Saturday, we are supposed to have an extended period of 90+ days. Today was a quiet day for the most part, although I did have an unusual encounter during my walk this morning. I was just walking along, and turned a corner to see…trotting toward me…a little fawn. She (or he) was on the same side of the road as me, coming straight at me. I stopped dead, and my first thought was, man I wish I had my camera with me. And then, as she continued to trot right in my direction, my second thought was, ummm, that’s close enough (because usually Mommy is not that far away). So I crossed over to the other side of the road, and she stopped and looked at me, as if she was saying, well, what’s your problem? After she stared at me for a minute or so, I guess she decided I wasn’t much fun, and she continued on down the road. I never did see her mother, but hopefully they found each other.

1 comment:

  1. They usually do. She will get a scolding for straying from where she was "put."

    ReplyDelete