Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Finally Landed

We are finally in Tennessee!

This morning we left West Virginia bright and early at 8 am. It was another beautiful day for traveling, and we were glad that we only had about 5 hours of traveling ahead of us.

I thought this water tower looked like a giant lollipop!

IMG_4568

I love these bushes – they are all over the place. They reminded me of lilac bushes, but I have been told that they are called “red buds.”

IMG_4593

It was also very nice to see lots of green leaves all over.

IMG_4596

They are serious about their billboard advertisements here!

IMG_4602

Finally, we were heading into Tennessee!!

IMG_4603

I didn’t get a chance to take any pictures around the rv park because I was just glad to be out of the car. I will take some tomorrow. Smile 

After we arrived, we all gathered for an informal get-together to meet other rally participants. It was so warm and sunny, and I enjoyed sitting outside in the sun. So nice!

After an hour or so, we headed back to our cabin and had a great dinner of steaks cooked on the barbeque. It’s been a great day!

Time to relax – we will be ready for a good night’s sleep tonight!

3 comments:

  1. safe and sound is a good thing!..enjoy your evening! and the rally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made it safely and are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete