Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Again! :)

Here we are at the end of another week. It was an exciting one for sure, starting with the great news on Sunday that our condo would soon be empty. Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate people saying they would come over and help – yes, that sure would be great – we could have a condo fixin’ up party. Winking smile

We went over to Home Depot last night and bought what we need. Remember the other night when we returned stuff? Well, we returned $122 worth of supplies and bought $350 last night! I knew Home Depot would end up making out fine in the end. Whether redoing these floors will make the difference with a potential buyer, that’s anybody’s guess. The realtor’s opinion is that any advantage at all is helpful when you are competing with six other units that have basically the exact same floorplan. As far as floorplan goes, our’s is even at a bit of a disadvantage as it is one of the older units and with the newer ones, they found an empty pocket and made an additional storage area. The positive going for us is that when I bought the place, I had all of the carpeting replaced with wood flooring. Most, if not all, of the other units for sale still have the original carpeting. (These condos were built in the mid to late 80s.) Also, we bought all new appliances when we were working on it (2008) so that is another point in our favor.

There was a question also about the finish restorer we will use. We are going to try Howard Restor-A-Finish. Supposedly it is able to restore the color, blend out scratches and blemishes, and remove those white rings that you get after you leave things on the wood. I will post some before and after pictures when we get to this project. You won’t have long to wait!! Sarcastic smile

I talked to my manager yesterday at work and was able to switch my day off from Wednesday to Friday next week. So we have two days this weekend to work, and three days next weekend. Lots of pictures coming up from our new projects. Open-mouthed smile 

(Just for a little interesting side bar – I bought this condo in January of 2008 to live in. I actually found it, made an offer, got the mortgage etc. etc. in December 2007. I was scheduled to close in mid to late January. The second week of that month I went to a meet ‘n’ greet affair at a local restaurant and met this interesting guy named…..you guessed it….Harry. A few days later he called me, and we went out to dinner and a movie. I closed on the condo on January 23rd. I had a month to fix it up before I moved in. This nice guy Harry offered to help me fix it up, which I thought was a great idea. All new floors, new appliances, painted the whole thing…and at the end of February, I moved in…..to Harry’s house!!! Yes folks, I never actually lived in this condo. We spent one night there in February 2008 because we got snowed in, and that is it! And now three years later, here we are, still trying to get rid of it!!)

Back to the present day…the best part about this is that we will have two weeks of intensive work over at the condo and then it will be done and ready for this potential buyer and future ones. And the condo is empty of non-paying renters!! So I am looking at the bright side of things.

6 comments:

  1. the sunny side of things is the best way to be!!..have a fun and productive weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least with all these renovations, you should have a lot to blog about for the next few weeks - small comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the little steps add up and eventually you'll be handing over the keys to the new buyer. Keep focused and we'll cross our fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a strange story. I don't even know what to think. It is too bad you didn't meet Harry a month earlier but I guess it just wasn't ment to be. My fingers are crossed it will sell for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - I never really thought of it as a strange story! The way it happened, it really just seemed meant to be, although I do wish we could sell the condo. If I hadn't bought it, we probably wouldn't have spent so much time together and things might have moved along more slowly. But I'm happy with things the way they went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a sweetheart story to me!

    One of these days I'll have to write my how I me Craig story.

    I'll be looking for your cabinet restoration info.

    ReplyDelete