Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Hurrah for Friday!

It’s a strange phenomenon – that even though I have to work every Saturday, Friday still feels like Friday, if that makes any sense. First thing in the morning, I wake up and after the first fog has cleared from my mind, I think, hey it’s Friday, and I feel that little thrill that we’re almost to the weekend. Oh well, even if it doesn’t make sense, I’m glad I still get the end of the week joy. LOL

We may have the contract issue almost ironed out. Merikay said it well in her comment on yesterday’s blog – it is most definitely a buyer’s market right now. However there was one thing that was really non-negotiable to us, so we did have to draw a line of sorts, and say, we’re really not going to back down on this one point. They came back with a counter-proposal for the contract that I think we are going to be able to live with, so after one clarification from our attorney this morning, we may give it a thumb’s up. One hurdle almost cleared (hopefully).

I don’t know if I’ve shown my advance planning side in my blog posts yet, but I am definitely a planner! We have our vacations planned for this year, and now we have booked our first vacation for 2012! Smile Haha – yeah I know it’s only January of 2011. Harry and I have booked a cruise for April of 2012. It will most likely be our last cruise for quite a while, as we will buy the RV in early 2013, so we will be using that for vacation that year, and then the following year we hit the road! The 2012 vacation also has an RV-ing slant to it as well. As it stands right now, we intend to make Florida our home base, and the mail service we intend to use is in Jacksonville, FL. So before we leave on the cruise, we will make a stop there. It’s my understanding from reading the material online that they give tours of their facility, and will sit down with prospective customers to answer any questions. So we’re going to go for a tour and see how the whole process works. Sarcastic smile And now I have about a year and a half to look forward to it!! Winking smile

Tonight we are heading out for dinner at a Chinese buffet with some of Harry’s co-workers. Good timing – it’s just about time for me to get my every other week’s fix of Chinese. Yum!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. planning is half the fun!..good for you for thinking ahead!!!..enjoy your Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for a good resolve to the contract.

    I have been retired now for four years and after 35 years of teaching Friday is always special. Some habits never die! LOL I still look forward to the weekend...go figure!
    Have a great Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the contract goes well and you're well on the way to getting on the road. We plan way ahead too, it's just fun to have something to look forward to. It's great reading about your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the planning is as fun as the actual vacation!

    ReplyDelete