Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Bike Trip

We had a great ride at Corning Preserve. I have lived in this area for 4 years and have never been there! Makes me wonder what else is around here that I haven't discovered yet! It was so easy to get to - 15 minutes or so from our house - nice big parking area - why haven't we been here before?





The trail follows along the Hudson River from Albany to Watervliet. It is 4.5 miles from the parking lot to the parking area in Watervliet. It also goes in the other direction but it is not so picturesque. About 5 minutes later you're biking in downtown Albany. Yuck.


Here is Harry waiting for me to take pictures before we start out. LOL



The ride was lovely, and there were enough trees in most areas to throw a lot of shade on the path. For the most part, the ride was next to the river, so there was a nice breeze blowing.



The only negative about the trail is that it never gets very far away from the highway, so there is pretty constant traffic noise. This is the parking area in Watervliet at the other end of the trail.



We had a sandwich and a drink before doing the trail a second time. In all, we biked twenty miles yesterday - not bad for our first one of the year.



We saw a group of tourists getting ready to take a ride on the Hudson River. I don't think of Albany as a tourist destination, but I guess it is for some people! :)


Now I have the biking itch again - hopefully the summer weather will cooperate so we can get many more in!

No comments:

Post a Comment