Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot and Muggy Part II

Well! I walked into work today with my contribution to today’s pot luck lunch and……I was the ONLY ONE who brought anything!! :) haha For some reason I just had a feeling that was going to happen. Oh well, it gave me a reason to bake a cake that I would probably not have made otherwise. So instead of having a potpourri of stuff from lots of people, we all pitched in a few bucks and bought a sub platter and had my cake for dessert. I got rave reviews. I have to say, it really was yummy. I brought some home – for Harry of course.

I met a woman today at work who really made me so glad that Harry and I are planning and working toward the full-timing goal. To make a long story short, she has enough money to live pretty comfortably, but not enough to really travel and do what she would like to do. She has her health but isn’t happy just staying home being retired. BUT – she can’t bring herself to sell her house, and get rid of her stuff. After talking to her, I felt so good about our decision – for me it really validated everything we are doing and planning. Yes, in some ways it will be hard to leave this house where we have been really happy, but we will have some great memories to take with us, and will be looking forward to making lots of new ones in our travels! Ok, enough sentimental stuff…just feeling very grateful tonight for all that we are planning for and working towards!!

1 comment:

  1. We all need to reevaluate our decisions from time to time. I'm glad your still aiming to find freedom on the road.

    ReplyDelete