Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Long Day

Yesterday was a long day that didn't work quite exactly as planned. I had to work until 5 pm, and had a hair appt at 7 pm. In between the plan was to get a bite to eat, and hopefully get some walking in at the mall before it was time for the appt. So first of all, I didn't get out of work when I expected to. It was just a busy day, and there were things to finish up. So we had to rush our "dinner" a bit - LOL - not your usual anniversary fare - mall Chinese food. But I do love Chinese food, so it was good anyway. Then I headed over to my appt. and my 7 pm appt turned into a 7:30 appt. and I never got out of there until about 20 of 9. So the shopping we were going to do afterward didn't happen either, since the store we were going to closed at 9. I was ready to come home and crash by the end of that evening.

I got thinking about the thread I read on RV-dreams a week or so ago while I was sitting in the waiting area, waiting for my appointment to start - the one about whether to continue hair coloring on the road. Harry and I are in the "not going to" category. It will definitely be freeing to not have this every 5 or 6 week ritual of going to the hair salon and having my hair colored. But, on the other hand, I can't even imagine what I am going to look like! I was probably 3/4 gray/silver/whatever color it was when I started coloring my hair about 4 years ago. I am pretty sure that whatever brown I had left is long gone. It will be an experience in the beginning I am sure, however, I will be glad to be free of this requirement to go have my hair done every few weeks. I can't even imagine having to locate a hair stylist in all different areas of the country, and I don't want to get into having to do it myself. I figure I can always go back to hair coloring easily enough, if I can't stand looking at it! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Jessica:

    I understand totally! I've been coloring my hair for years to cover the gray. I really don't want to hassle with the whole process after we go full time. I've already discussed it with my stylist, and she said she'll figure something out as we get closer! It's funny the things that you start thinking about when you realize the changes you can or will go through in this process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there are probably still more ordinary, everyday things that will change that I haven't even thought about yet! :) There's a part of me that's wishing I could give up on the hair coloring now, but I just can't stand the thought of going to work etc with two-toned hair. LOL Our first winter on the road we will leave with colored hair (Harry has his done too) and come back in the spring gray. Haha - everyone will say, what is this life doing to you? ;)

    ReplyDelete