Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Working Saturday Morning

This is going to be a short entry just to get my day started. This is necessitated by the fact that I have to be at work in approximately 50 minutes and I am sitting at the computer, still in my pjs. Working on Saturday morning usually doesn't mean such an early exit, because usually I am closing instead of opening. Closing gives me another hour to play with in the morning. :) Much better.

So far this morning it looks cloudy but not like it's going to rain any minute. But unless the weather guy was completely off, this day is pretty much going to be a washout. I am hoping at least to get my walk in. I was pleased that we walked last night for 33 minutes. I have to give the credit to my husband though, because I was sitting there contemplating just staying put on the couch when he said, ok, next we're going for our walk. Although I really didn't want to, I didn't protest too much, because I know I need to keep myself getting out there. We are both committed to having a healthier lifestyle, and for me, a BIG part of that means staying active. It is just too easy to come home from work (where for the most part I sit at a desk) and plop on the couch for the remainder of the evening. We are also both trying to drink more water, instead of chocolate milk, apple cider, beer, and all the other good stuff there is.

Anyway....while I am at work this morning, Harry is going to work on edging that upstairs bedroom. Then this afternoon, we will hopefully get the first coat on. And I am going to get back to that closet. Once I finish cleaning it out, and we get the new floor in there and a coat of paint on it, we are going to put in some shelves. I think it will look very nice.

Well, I have to go get myself ready to leave soon! More later.....

2 comments:

  1. How ice your husband will walk with you. I think once we are on the road mine will be willing to exercise a bit, but for now he doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Harry is really good about going walking with me. It is a lot easier to get out there when I have someone to talk to as we're walking! :)

    ReplyDelete