Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Hot and Humid

Today was a work day, up until about an hour ago. One thing about being inside in a climate controlled workplace on a day like today is that the outside air sure hits you in the face when you leave it! But it's really nice anyway! Whenever I am tempted to complain about the heat, I remember what the weather is going to be like in just 4 short months. We still have probably 6 or 7 more winters at the very least before we turn into travelers who head for warmer climes when the days start getting shorter. I don't remember minding the cold and ice and snow years ago. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or because we've made this decision, and I know the number of winters we have are limited, or maybe it's a combination of both!! :) Last winter really wasn't too bad - we had some snow (maybe 8 inches) in December, than it was just cold with no major snowstorms, and then in March again we had a good blast of snowstorms before the winter faded away quickly to spring. So that really wasn't too awful of a winter - no ice storms at least - that's so much worse than snow. I think it's just the whole idea of winter that I don't like to think about - having to wear coats, and boots, and scraping off car windows after work, and not being able to get out and walk or bike. This year Harry and I have made the decision to join a gym for a few months this winter. It's all well and good to say I'm going to keep walking in the cold and snow (after all my mother does it!) but I know myself too well - and I know that it's just not going to happen!! So I have to make a commitment to myself and keep it! I think that is one of the parts of the RV lifestyle that I am most looking forward to - not having outside activities curtailed by the onset of winter. So bring on the heat - you're not going to hear me complaining! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment